Thursday, September 27, 2012

OMG ... I left the Epipen at home!

Yep, that was me yesterday morning. Almost to the city on the way to daycare/work when I realized I didn't have the damned thing. Talk about instantaneous panic!

Rationally, I knew it wasn't that big of a deal because he'd be at daycare, where we've left an Epipen so I don't have to cart it back and forth. And daycare was the only place he'd be going (and eating) that morning.

The irrational, emotional part of me, however, was none too happy. And that nasty little internal critic kept up a running dialogue, all morning. How could I have been so stupid? I was definitely a failure in the allergy mommy department. And it went on and on until I literally was sitting in the truck on the way back to pick the boys up from daycare and had to yell "Shut up!" at the top of my lungs. Then it quit, thankfully ;-)

I'm used to carrying Ventolin and an aerochamber around with me, but they're not affected by temperature and so I just leave them in my rather large purse. The Epipen, being temperature-sensitive, sometimes gets taken out. And yesterday morning it didn't get put back in. In my hurry to get out the door on time, I forgot to grab it.

Now it, the Benadryl, the Ventolin, and the aerochamber have their very own home (much like this one) and I'll need to find something to put them in, as the whole container won't fit in my current purse ... and I should maybe find something to put it in, as I'm not sure my husband will be thrilled about carrying around a plastic container when it's just him and the boys.

Regardless, you can bet I'll be more vigilent about making sure I've got *everything* before I go out the door!

No comments:

Post a Comment