Monday, December 3, 2012

It's a good thing I read labels

Just like many school mornings around here, I got up early, tossed a batch of muffins together and got everyone organized for the day.  It was especially complicated because we got about a foot or so of snow last night, which meant leaving 45 minutes earlier than normal to make sure I got to my first class on time.

Because I was in such a hurry, I did something I rarely do and used a muffin mix (just add water & stir).  It wasn't until I was taking the muffins out of the pan and sorting out breakfast for in the truck that I even thought to look at the package's ingredients list.  

Good thing I did, as there is was, in teeny tiny little letters:  "contains sulphites."  Damn.  

Good thing I had one lonely muffin left form the last batch, as that's what William got.  Now Walter and I are going to be eating bran muffins all week, and I need to make a batch of William's favourite blueberry ones tonight.  *sigh* Good thing I checked, but I'm really wishing I'd have learned by this point to check first, and not after.  

No comments:

Post a Comment