Saturday, December 1, 2012

Don't eat that!

We were out this afternoon at Walter's hockey game, where I was busy taking pictures.  Between shifts, I put the camera down to see William take a big bite of a cookie.  Cookie?  Cookie!  Asked D if he'd checked what was in it, and he admitted that he hadn't even thought about it.  ARGH!

William had only had two bites, but still ... so not a good thing.  Turns out my MIL had got it for him, having gotten herself one.  For some reason, despite my previous explanations, she thought he "only got a rash" from sulphites.  Wrong!

I'm frustrated and more than a bit angry at the moment. Yes, it was a simple mistake, but when a simple mistake can have such dire consequences as an anaphylactic reaction, well, I at least tend to be extraordinarily careful and I don't think I'm out of line to expect that others do the same.  I'd like to rant and rave, but I'm not going to.  I'll certainly be making sure, however, that this doesn't happen again (with her).  Sometimes I think I'm becoming a bitch about food, but quite frankly if that's what it takes to keep William safe, I guess that's what I'm going to have to become.








No comments:

Post a Comment